Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My little crush on lace wedding dresses

Hi everyone, it's Kate :)

I wanted to let you all in on a little secret. I'm a wedding nerd. I still spend a little too much time pouring over wedding ideas, dresses, jewellery, shoes, bouquets.... Especially since I discovered Pinterest (seriously addicting!). Actually if you think about it I spend way too much time doing this, considering I've been married for 7 months. Tee hee. But what can I say, I like looking at pretty things :)

Lately I have been giving into my obsession over lace dresses. They are so delicate and feminine, and they flatter almost every body type. I'm especially partial to square necklines and little cap sleeves, and am totally starting to love the boat neckline (or bateau if you are so inclined...) too, it's really coming back in style. I think a lot of women are realizing that it is much sexier to leave a little to the imagination than end up embarrassing the heck out of your guests by wearing something like this. Here are some of the ones I've found lately...ending with one that is seriously one of the prettiest I've ever seen, even though I'm sure it costs more than any of us will make in our lives, a girl can dream can't she?



Dress by http://www.enzoani.com/ the style is 'Diana'     

You really can't go wrong with anything from www.watters.com  


I wish I could source this absolutely fantastic 1950's dress for you guys, if anyone knows...let me know!


amazing details on this one! right down to the petals in the straps...so pretty!
  
how subtly sexy is this? very subtly sexy, thats what! :)  

I'm thinking beach wedding, cocktail wedding, reception dress...so fun!
Okay and now...for the super grand finale of amazing lace (ok ok it's not lace but I have to put it in here) dresses...get ready girls...you'll want to make all your guests eat pizza and sit on the floor just so you can afford this one...

yeah, thats right. it says christian dior  haute couture in the little bitty fine print on there.



A. Mazing. AND it's 'something blue' too. I will leave you all drooling on your keyboards now. :)

1 comment: